Saturday, September 13, 2014

31DC2014 Day 13: Animal Print - Cow print nails

Hello there!
Fot today's animal print day I was going to do a good old leopart print nail art, but after trying several color combos I never came up with something cool and original that I would really like. So I gave it some thought and decided to try and do a cow print nail art!


I wanted to draw a cow on my accent nails, but I actually cant draw so I googled some cow nail arts and took Alice's from One Nail To Rule Them All as an example.
I started with 2 coats of OPI Alpine Snow (yes, I fanally managed to get away with 2 coats!). Now, have a mentionned I cant draw? So I thought I'd draw the cow right on my stamper and then stamp it onto the nail - it resolved couple of problems: first, I didnt have to draw with my non-dominant right hand and second, if  I didnt like the result I could always erase it from the stamper and draw again without having to redo 2 coats of while polish and wait for it to dry. The cow turned out a little bit ugly but not as ugly as it could be i think! After that was done I made quick black spots using a dotting tool and Golden Rose Nail Art #106 which is a super opaque black. No top coat in the pictures, as I didnt have the patience for the spots to dry before I take pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment