Tuesday, September 23, 2014

31DC2014 Day 23: Inspired by a Movie - Kill Bill

Hello there!
I'm very excited to share today's manicure with you!


My husband and I revisited both Kill Bill movies couple of weeks ago and that's when I decided I'd do this mani for the challenge!
The polishes I used:


I started with 4 coats of INM Amber and 2 coats of OPI Alpine Snow on my index finger. When that was dry I freehanded black stripes using Golden Rose Nail Art black striping polish. On my index finger I applied Milv hieroglyph water decals. And I do realize these are chinese not japanese but what can you do haha. Turns out they are japanese so we are cool now!! :)) I added some blood stains using a cocktail straw and Rimmel #323 Riviera Red nail polish. If you are interested in this technique there are tons of video tutorials online, but basically you just dip the straw into polish and then blow in it! And man was that a messy job!... I used sticky tape around my nails to protect them but it still took quite a bit time to clean everything up! I think it was worth it though and this is one of the best manicures I have ever done!



 


4 comments:

  1. Looks cool! This colour combo is definitely Kill Bill :) That letter is Japanese also, by the way! It means 'angel' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for clarification on the hieroglyphs, ill correct my post :)

      Delete