Thursday, September 4, 2014

31DC2014 Day 04: Green - Ruffian nail art

Hello there!
For today's green nails I decided to try and create a ruffian nail art which seems to be quite popular these days. I used Butter London Jack the Lad for green. I'm going to make a large Butter London post in near future, so I won't talk too much about it right now - it's a deep green shimmery shade with gold and blue sparkles. Instead of freehanding ruffians (which would be an impossible task for me) or using french tip stickers I started with two coats of OPI Push And Shove and then applied Butter London Jack The Lad. It turned out to be very easy, kinda like painting your nails normally but with an imaginary cuticule :)) I was cautious about using a topcoat, I tried it on my right hand first, and it actually dragged Push And Shove a little bit, just as I expected. So I didnt use any top coat on my left hand and swatched it as it was.

This polish is a bit hard to capture, my camera (which is to be honest just a phone camera :) ) has a trouble focusing on it's shimmer. But I managed to take an okay picture on my way home from work when the sun peeked out for a minute or two :)

2 comments: