Saturday, September 6, 2014

31DC2014 Day 06: Violet - Gradient and polka dots

Hello there ladies!
These violet nails havent been easy for me! I made and removed probably like 10 disigns, it just wouldnt work out. So finally I came out with this one and I like how it turned out. It's now an original design but it looks fun and eye catching I think!

 Here are the polishes I used:


I started with two coats of OPI Alpine Snow and the made a gradient using Alpine Snow, Essie #36 Splash Of Grenadine and China Glaze #81357 Charmed, I'm Sure. Now, when I do gradient nail art I like to smooth it out with top coat, but I didnt want to apply polka dots over quick drying top coat, so I applied a coat of clear polish Sally Hansen XtreamWear #100 Invisible to smooth the gradient out, then used a fairly large dotting tool to make polka dots with Alpine Snow. Then, after that was dry enough to not ruin the dots I used a quick drying top coat.



1 comment: