Wednesday, September 17, 2014

31DC2014 Day 17: Glitter

Hello there!
For today's nail art I attempted to do my first glitter gradient and I think it worked out!


Now to the polishes I used!


I started with Dance Legend peel-off glitter base just so I dont have horrible time removing my polish later. When that was dry I applied one coat of Chanel #583 Taboo. The polish is extremely pigmented and 100% one-coater. I picked it to match my Shambolic glitter from Butter London and I think they made a perfect match. Shambolic is a delicious mix of purple and lilac shimmer and hex glitters in a navy blue gelly base.
I have tried doing glitter gradient before using the "drag-glitter-polish-with-dry-brush" technique but it never worked for me. But today I thought: just try to sponge it on, you fool! And that worked pretty well, was quick as hell too, like literally 15 seconds per nail! For my thumb, index and middle fingers I applied just one coat of Shambolic over Taboo as the glitter payoff was great! I used 2 coats of Seche Vite for glass and shine. I'm happy that the sun peeked out today when I was taking my pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment