Tuesday, September 9, 2014

31DC2014 Day 09: Rainbow nails

Hello there!
Since this challenge started I've been waiting for an opportunity to do some less serious and more naive nail art and this is I think is a perfect time! My inspiration for this  - these nail wraps from BornPretty store.


I dont think I've mentionned this before, but I'm left handed and I swatch my left hand, so any nail art involving free hand drawing done by me sucks! :) So I had to find a sneaky way around it. I painted the rainbows on a sheet of plastic using a fine nail art brush and a bunch of polishes (if you are interested in the polishes I used just let me know in the comments), then after it dried I applied a good coat of topcoat over that and let it dry for a night. On the next day I separated the rainbows from plastic sheet and cut them out of topcoat with manicure scissors. So I got my own hand made decals! Should have taken a picture of them for you but I was too excited I guess :)
I started with 3 coats of Models Own Blueberry Muffin nail polish and after that was dry applied a thin coat of clear polish so I could stick my decals to it. I removed extra pieces with clean up brush and acetone. Then I used a large dotting tool to make the clouds. All done! Was not as time consuming as I expected. Doesnt look as neat as I expected either haha. Next time I'm doing these decals I'm gonna try for a thinner coat of topcoat, because my decals came out too thick which made them harded to work with. Overall I'm pleased with the result.






2 comments:

  1. I just love this, the design is so pretty and beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute!! Love how they turned out, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete